Paul provides professional criminal legal advice and has represented clients on numerous occasions in the Magistrates and District Court.
Being charged with an offence can be daunting. It is stressful for those affected and their families. Paul knows the court system and can advise, negotiate and advocate for you. Early strategic advice can make the critical difference to your court matter.
Areas in which he commonly appears include:
- Assaults and violence
- Domestic and Family violence
- Drug Charges, including trafficking and possession
- Break and Enter
- Corporate Crime
- Fraud and Dishonesty
- Professional Misconduct
- Theft, Stealing and Robbery
- Offences against the Police
- Public Nuisance offences
- Traffic Offences
- Wilful Damage
- Environment offences under the Environmental Protection Act 1994, such as carrying out an ERA without a permit, breaches of an Environmental Protection Authority
- Unlawful vegetation clearing offences
- Planning law offences under the Planning Act 2016
- Appeals from sentence and conviction under section 222 of the Justices Act 1886
- Advising in relation to the Crime and Corruption Act 2001, including in relation to investigations of corrupt conduct by the CCC
He focuses on meeting his client’s needs in a timely and cost effective manner.
Prior to being called to the Bar Paul was a senior lawyer with the Queensland Department of Environment and Science where he had carriage of complex regulatory prosecutions and environmental matters within the Planning and Environment Court and the Magistrates Court, and advised on compliance and enforcement matters for the Department. He also worked for a large law firm and had conduct of prosecutions for local governments for planning law offences and local law offences, in the Magistrates Court and the Planning and Environment Court.
Liability Limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.