Paul enjoys the diversity of law and periodically travels outside the Brisbane area to represent clients and appear in Court. He is admitted to practice in Queensland and Commonwealth Courts.
- First called to the Bar in 2012
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2006. Paul practiced at a top tier national law firm in Brisbane for four years, and in the State government litigation unit at the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning; and as a principal lawyer at the Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Prior to his admission Paul spent eight years in England working as a lawyer in London, undertaking both advisory and litigious work. He was a member of the corporate and commercial group at Finers Stephens Innocent, and acting head of planning at a London Borough. He focused on planning and environmental law.
- Paul was admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand in 1995. He practiced for two years in Auckland, as a Prosecutor at the Ministry of Fisheries and in general practice. He served in the New Zealand Territorial Force.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (University of Waikato)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Law (ANU)
- Bar Practice Course (QUT)
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland’s Pro Bono Scheme
- Mentor for final year law students in the Queensland University of Technology’s mentoring scheme
- Sessional Academic at the Queensland University of Technology
- Member of the Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House
Liability Limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.