Paul periodically travels outside the Brisbane area to represent clients and appear in Court. He is admitted to practice in Queensland and Commonwealth Courts.
- Paul was called to the Queensland Bar in 2012.
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2006, Paul practiced at a top tier national law firm in Brisbane for four years, and then in State Government: at the litigation unit at the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, at the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning; and as a principal lawyer at the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Prior to his admission in Queensland Paul spent eight years in England working as a lawyer in London, undertaking both advisory and litigious work. He was a member of the corporate and commercial group at Finers Stephens Innocent, and acting head of planning at a London Borough. He focused on planning and environmental law.
- Paul was admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand in 1995. He practiced for two years in Auckland, as a Prosecutor at the Ministry of Fisheries and in general practice. He also served in the New Zealand Territorial Force.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (University of Waikato)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Law (ANU)
- Bar Practice Course (QUT)
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland’s Pro Bono Scheme
- Mentor for final year law students in the Queensland University of Technology’s mentoring scheme
- Sessional Academic at the Queensland University of Technology
- Member of the Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House
Liability Limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.