I am a practicing barrister based in Brisbane, Queensland. I enjoy the diversity of law. I am passionate about every brief I undertake and committed to achieving the best possible result in assisting my clients. I periodically travel outside the Brisbane area to represent clients and appear in Court. I am admitted to practice in Queensland and Commonwealth Courts.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – University of Waikato
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Law – Australian National University
- Bar Practice Course – Queensland University of Technology
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland’s Pro Bono Scheme
- Mentor for final year law students in the Queensland University of Technology’s mentoring scheme
- Sessional Academic at the Queensland University of Technology
- Member Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House
- Admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand in 1995. I practiced for two years in Auckland as a Prosecutor at the Ministry of Fisheries and in general practice.
- Spent almost 8 years in England working as a lawyer in the City of London, undertaking both advisory and litigious work. I was a member of the corporate and commercial group at Finers Stephens Innocent, and acting head of planning at a London Borough. I focused on planning and environmental law and worked on the compulsory acquisition of properties for the London Olympics, and a number of planning appeals.
- Enrolled as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2006. I served as a solicitor at a top tier national law firm in Brisbane for 4 years, and in roles in the State government: as a senior lawyer in the litigation unit at the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, and at the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning, and as a principal lawyer at the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Called to the Bar in 2012.
Liability Limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.