Paul was first admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand in 1995. He practiced for two years in Auckland, as a Prosecutor at the Ministry of Fisheries, and in general practice.
Paul then spent almost 8 years in England working as a lawyer in the City of London, undertaking both advisory and litigious work. Paul was a member of the corporate and commercial group at Finers Stephens Innocent, and acting head of planning at the London Borough of Merton. Paul’s focus on planning and environmental law saw him working on the compulsory acquisition of properties for the London Olympics, and a number of planning appeals.
He was enrolled as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2006.
Paul served as a solicitor at Corrs Chambers Westgarth for 4 years, and in senior lawyer roles in the State government. He was called to the Bar in 2012.
Paul periodically travels outside the Brisbane area to represent clients and appear in Court and is admitted to practice in Queensland and Commonwealth Courts.
Paul enjoys the diversity of law. Paul is passionate about every brief he undertakes and he is always committed to achieving the best possible result in assisting his clients.
Primary Areas of Practice include:
- Planning and Environmental Law
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – University of Waikato
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Law – Australian National University
- Bar Practice Course – Queensland University of Technology
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland
- Member of the Bar Association of Queensland’s Pro Bono Scheme
- Mentor for final year law students in the Queensland University of Technology’s mentoring scheme
- Sessional Academic at the Queensland University of Technology
- Member Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House
Liability Limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.